Holiday Cookie Decorating Class!
Students will learn a variety of cookie decorating techniques such as flooding, marbling, tie-dye, and piping using Royal Icing. They will use a variety of holiday designs and colors that will make their decorative cookies ready for the holiday season, and have fun along the way!
Anyone registered for this class that is under the age of 12, needs to be accompanied by an adult.
STUDENT SUPPLY LIST:
These supplies may be purchased at Michael’s, Jo-Ann’s, or Wilton.com.
1. 6 un-iced sugar cookies (Students may use round or holiday cutouts-their choice).
2. 2 batches of Royal Icing (Recipe as follows).
3. Icing colors: Red; Green; Blue; Yellow, Pink (Students may bring any other colors of their choice).
4. 1 box 12” Disposable Decorating Bags.
5. 9” Spatula
6. Tips: (2) Couplers; Tip# 3, 21
Supplies from Home:
3. Water Bottle
4. Disposable Small Mixing Bowls
5. Paper Towel
6. Container to carry cookies
ROYAL ICING RECIPE:
3 tablespoons meringue powder
1 lb. confectioner’s sugar (4 cups)
5 tablespoons lukewarm water
Place sugar and meringue powder in a bowl and stir until blended. Add water and mix at low to medium speed for 7-10 minutes until icing turns from shiny to dull and loses its sheen. Cover with damp cloth to prevent drying. Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks. Makes about 2 ½ cups.
*Please note that participants are responsible for their own safety with regard to food allergies. We ask that anyone with food sensitivities please make sure the ingredients that you bring are appropriate to your health needs. Due to possible health/safety concerns, we ask that participants DO NOT share or trade class materials with other members of the class. Webster Public Library, and our course instructors, will not be liable for any instances of allergic reaction.
- Friday, November 23, 2018
- 10:30am - 12:30pm
- Community Room